Friday, December 12, 2014

Lauren Scruggs and Jason Kennedy marry in lavish ceremony in her hometown of Dallas

Airplane accident survivor Lauren Scruggs, 26, and E! News host Jason Kennedy, 33, are officially married after tying the knot Friday evening at the Four Seasons in Dallas.

The bride, wearing a gown by New York-based designer Romona Keveža, was walked down the aisle by her father Jeff, almost three years to the day after a plane propeller accident that took her left eye and part of her left arm.

She later changed into a dress by her friend, Nardos Imam, for the reception.

'Jason has completely changed my life, and I could not be more thankful for who he is and how he loves me,' Lauren told E! News


 Photos : Bridesmaid Dresses Canada

'I can't wait to spend forever with him.'

The groom, in a suit by Tom Ford, added: 'God has blessed me with somebody I've been waiting for my whole life. Lauren changed everything for me and I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with her.'

Among the well-heeled guests were, of course, a slew of past and present E! personalities, including Giuliana and Bill Rancic and Ken Baker.


Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and his wife, Candice, also attended, as well as Today co-host Kathie Lee Gifford.

Candice Crawford Romo, Kathie Lee Gifford, Terrence J, Tony Romo and Catt Sadler.

Kennedy had 11 groomsmen, who each wore their own suits.

The best man was Pastor Rich Wilkinson Jr., who married Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.


The happy couple had chosen a color palette of ivory, cream, champagne, blush, shades of lavender, and accents in charcoal grey and silver.

They waltzed their first dance to a cover of Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us performed by Texas band Cuvee.

The wedding was to be covered by People magazine.


On Thursday, Ms Scrugg's enjoyed an intimate bridal luncheon.

Her friends posted pictures on Instagram from the luncheon in which she looked extra blonde and glowing.

Stylist Amy Havins, who runs the blog Dallas Wardrobe, put up a photograph of herself and Ms Scruggs standing in front of a Christmas-themed mantelpiece, saying in her caption 'Celebrating the bride to be.'

Dallas-based designerNardos Imam, who created Ms Scrugg's gorgeous strapless dress for the event, also put up a picture of the bride-to-be wearing the piece in her salon, saying that she was 'a joy to work with.'

Now, the couple's friends and family are pouring into Dallas for the big event.

Earlier today, Mr Kennedy's E! News cohost Guiliana Rancic, who interviewed Scruggs in 2012 and then played matchmaker, posted a photograph of her and husband Bill Rancic in what looks to be an airport above the caption 'Dallas-bound' and with the hashtags 'jason&lauren,' 'weddingweekend' and 'ido.'

Blogger/Youtube star Angela Lanter put up an image of her and her husband wearing matching 'J [heart] Lolo' hats and said she's 'incredibly excited' to be celebrating the couple's 'big day.'


The pair first met in December 2012 after Rancic interviewed Ms Scruggs for E! News following her recovery from her accident.

'[Rancic] was like, 'I think you should meet Jason Kennedy,'' revealed Miss Scruggs.

'I didn't know who he was. But she told me that he had this amazing Bible study in Los Angeles and had great friends.

'She texted Jason and asked if he was going to be on set. When I was asking Giuliana about places to go hiking, she told me, 'Just ask Jason places to go. He hikes all the time.''

They went hiking with Miss Scruggs' mom and a friend of Mr Kennedy's the next day, and the pair became instant friends.

Miss Scruggs' amazing recovery from the tragic plane accident has been a huge inspiration to thousands of people.

'It's kind of weird to say, but I wouldn't trade it,' she told People in November 2012. 'I have seen it as a miracle. I've been through a lot but I'm living.

'Sometimes it's easy to dwell on the fact that I don't look the same. But every day I'm feeling better and better.'

See more : Dresses Online Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment